The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon

HGTP Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blaziken

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxz

Maxz

Blaziken Empty
PostSubject: Blaziken   Blaziken EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 2:27 pm

There were 3 Blaziken movesets from the old thread and I though I'd repost them for further scrutiny. 2 of them are Minijynx's, all credit goes to him.

Blaziken

"BandKen" (Minijinx)
Blaziken @ Choice band
Blaziken Dpmfa257Jolly
252 Speed/252 Att/6 HP

-Shadow claw/Stone edge
-Thunder Punch
-Blaze kick
-Sky uppercut

Tactics- Full on Physical sweeper. Blaziken reaches near 510 Attack with a Choice band. Uppercut/Kick for STAB, Shadow claw handles Ghosts and Thunder punch Get flyers and BulkyWaters.

Counters- Slowbro and Starmie. Starmie can outspeed and hit it with a STAB move whereas Slowbro can actually wall this while hitting back with STAB.[/color]

---

"CS Remix" (Minijinx)
Blaziken @ Choice scarf
Blaziken Dpmfa257Rash - 136 Sp.att/160 Att/212 Speed
-Hidden power Ice
-Thunderpunch
-Over heat
-Sky uppercut.

Tactics- Scarf + EVs gives Blaziken 373 Speed, which outspeeds Base 120s like Sceptile and Dugtrio. Att/Sp.att Stand at 317/319 Respectively. Ruins most Stalls/Walls.

Counters- BulkyWaters again, Slowbro and Starmie.

---

"1HP Triple Booster" (Maxz)
Blaziken @ Salac Berry
Blaziken Dpmfa257
Adamant
252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP

Endure
Reversal
Blaze Kick
Stone Edge (or Thunder Punch if you have Emerald)

What it Does:
Smashes stuff up until on lowish HP/likely to be wiped out by the next move, Endures then gets Salac Berry Boost, 1.5x Blaze Kick power and Base 200 Reversal along with STAB. Best used late in the game when the main threats have been taken out and everything is generally on lower health, making Blaziken's job easier.

How to Beat it:
Hippowdon/Tyranitar completely ruin it as it can't get down to 1 HP and survive in a sandstorm (this is why it's wise to have a Sunny Day carrier on the team [which also boosts Blaze Kick by 1.5, plus 1.5 from STAB and 1.5 from Blaze]).
Bulky Waters are great as they resist Blaze Kick and unless you've managed to get T. Punch, don't take anything SE. Slowbro especially deserves a mention due to its Water/Psychic typing (which it shares with Starmie) shrugging off both STAB moves. Gyrarados also resists both STAB moves but takes a nasty blow from Stone Edge, and an even nastier one from T. Punch (if you can get this move, do it).
Pokemon with first priority moves such as Mamoswine, Azumarril and Donphan can easily chip the final PP of it beofre it does any serious damage.

---

PhysiCrit Hit! - Raylax

Blaziken Dpmfa257

Blaziken@Scope Lens/Wide Lens
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP

-Focus Energy
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut
-Stone Edge

What it Does:
The name says it all - it's a physical critical hit abuser. Start out with a Focus Energy, then balance between the moves to deal lots of critical damage. Blaze Kick has a high critical hit ratio (plus a small chance of burning ^^), as does Slash, so they'll be dealing out plenty of damage. Double kick hits twice in one turn, and from experience, with Focus Energy in use, it will generally get at least one Crit. Items depend on whether you want to almost guarentee a crit hit, or you want to compensate for the slightly lowered accuracy of the moves. Personally, I'd choose Scope Lens to deal massive damage almost every turn. As I said above, Focus Energy and Scope/Wide Lens prevent this from being allowed in normal play. However, for the battle tower, this can cause some serious problems for your opponents. If they abuse hax, you abuse hax. Like, REALLY abuse hax. This is exactly what this does ^^

Other Move Options:
Blaziken has rather a lot of Critical hitting moves, and all of them can be used if you wanted to. Slash, Shadow Claw and Night Slash are all available to 'ken.

Counters:
A fast water type, especially Gyarados after a couple of DD's, can get rid of Blaziken. Scarm doesn't actually wall it that well, suprisingly. A critical hit coming off a SE Blaze Kick can give it some serious problems... I don't know if it'd be a OHKO, but I'd imagine it would be at least 50% damage... (Damage Calculation coming soon).

Last edited by Maxz on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raylax
Admin
Admin
Raylax

Blaziken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaziken   Blaziken EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 12:07 pm

I'm using this in-game, and it works brilliantly. The below is a slightly edited version for Battle-tower use mainly (hax items and a hax move make it unsuitable for normal CB) It might be a standard set, but I don't think it is... anyways:

PhysiCrit Hit! - Raylax

Blaziken Dpmfa257

Blaziken@Scope Lens/Wide Lens
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP

-Focus Energy
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut
-Stone Edge

The name says it all - it's a physical critical hit abuser. Start out with a Focus Energy, then balance between the moves to deal lots of critical damage. Blaze Kick has a high critical hit ratio (plus a small chance of burning ^^), as does Slash, so they'll be dealing out plenty of damage. Double kick hits twice in one turn, and from experience, with Focus Energy in use, it will generally get at least one Crit. Items depend on whether you want to almost guarentee a crit hit, or you want to compensate for the slightly lowered accuracy of the moves. Personally, I'd choose Scope Lens to deal massive damage almost every turn. As I said above, Focus Energy and Scope/Wide Lens prevent this from being allowed in normal play. However, for the battle tower, this can cause some serious problems for your opponents. If they abuse hax, you abuse hax. Like, REALLY abuse hax. This is exactly what this does ^^

Other move options: Blaziken has rather a lot of Critical hitting moves, and all of them can be used if you wanted to. Slash, Shadow Claw and Night Slash are all available to 'ken.

Counters: A fast water type, especially Gyarados after a couple of DD's, can get rid of Blaziken. Scarm doesn't actually wall it that well, suprisingly. A critical hit coming off a SE Blaze Kick can give it some serious problems... I don't know if it'd be a OHKO, but I'd imagine it would be at least 50% damage... I'll have to do a damage calc on that. If I remember, I'll edit one in later...
Back to top Go down
https://hgtp.forumotion.com
Silver Light

Silver Light

Blaziken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaziken   Blaziken EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 2:51 pm

Abomasnow,like tyranitar and hippowdon,also ruins the 1hptriplebooster set with it's snow warning ability so it should be added to the counters for it.
Back to top Go down
*MJ

Blaziken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaziken   Blaziken EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 2:21 pm

A Couple of points for the "Triple Booster" set:
-Comment that it is optimal to have Sunny day support.
-Lose the third attack for Swords dance.
Back to top Go down
Maxz

Maxz

Blaziken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaziken   Blaziken EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 4:09 pm

*MJ wrote:
A Couple of points for the "Triple Booster" set:
-Comment that it is optimal to have Sunny day support.
-Lose the third attack for Swords dance.
-Sunny Day support is already up there under counters. D'you think I should move it into the main paragraph?
-Thunder Punch over Swords Dance IMO as it covers practically all of Blaziken's counters and doesn't need an extra turn in which to take a hit. Persuade me otherwise, I'm listening.

@Silver Light: It's there. Under counters.

@Raylax: I'd never realized what a good Critical Hit spammer Blaziken was. Good set, I'l edit the first post when you edit yours.

Finally, having seen Raylax's set, is that going to be a new standard format for all sets and should I edit the first post accordingly?
Back to top Go down
Raylax
Admin
Admin
Raylax

Blaziken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaziken   Blaziken EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Maxz wrote:
@Raylax: I'd never realized what a good Critical Hit spammer Blaziken was. Good set, I'l edit the first post when you edit yours.

Finally, having seen Raylax's set, is that going to be a new standard format for all sets and should I edit the first post accordingly?

I only noticed myself on a speedrun through Emerald. I got Focus Energy and decided to keep it, rather than overwrite it with some other random attacking move like I normally do. Then playing through the game it started learning Crit-Hit spam moves, so the set evolved around that. I pwned all but Wallace's last 'mon (a Gyarados) using the set, never having to revive once (I went through with just 'ken in my team), and I only used a couple of Full Restores too ^^

It's a great BT set, so I'm going to move it to the BT board

EDIT: Also, check MJ's thread for how layouts will appear. It's on this board, hard to miss Wink
Back to top Go down
https://hgtp.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Blaziken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaziken   Blaziken Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaziken
Page 1 of 1