The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon

HGTP Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scizor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rangersgreg

Scizor Empty
PostSubject: Scizor   Scizor EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 11:05 am

Scizorb rangersgreg
Scizor @ Life Orb
Scizor Siizoor
Adamant
6HP 252Att 252Spd

- Night Slash / Iron Head
- X-Scissor ( STAB )
- Brick Break / Agility ( If you want extra speed but no coverage against Steel and Dark )
- Swords Dance

To start off, Swords Dance sets up a stronger attack. Although it may be average in terms of Speed, it makes up for it in power. Night Slash and also X-Scissor are for most of those nasty Psychics and Ghosts you see, and Brick Break was added in to counter Steel, Rock, Dark and Normal types, as I had no coverage against them. Breeding Bug Buzz onto Scizor may give you another choice instead of X-Scissor but I prefer the latter. It is a nice Scizor Sweeper set and may well be good for a late game sweep.

Well, it's a Scizor, Bug/Steel type. It doesn't take a genius to work out that it's 4x weak to a Fire move and STAB should really OHKO or 2HKO it. Also any strong fighting move like Focus Blast from an Alakazam should really OHKO down to Scizors poor Sp.Def. Gyarados, Zapdos and Weezing could all counter well, Gyarados should have no problem taking it down, as for Zapdos and Weezing, again no problems and Scizor has no real ease against them.

Last edited by rangersgreg on Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maxz

Maxz

Scizor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scizor   Scizor EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 3:19 pm

Choice Band means it'll be permanently locked into Swords Dance, thus meaning it won't be able to attack the foe. A pretty big minus if you ask me.

Also, without an Agility, even with a Jolly nature and max speed EVs it won't be able to outrun anything that isn't comfortable is being slow.

Needs a rethink.
Back to top Go down
noodles

Scizor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scizor   Scizor EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 6:32 am

Please actually think sets through before posting in future as this is clearly quite a rushed effort.

Go Adamant, you can't really outrun much more of use with Jolly. Focus on Power.

Either replace the Choice Band with a Life Orb or something, or preferably, replace Swords Dance with Iron Head for STAB.
Back to top Go down
rangersgreg

Scizor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scizor   Scizor EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 2:24 pm

noodles wrote:
Please actually think sets through before posting in future as this is clearly quite a rushed effort.

Go Adamant, you can't really outrun much more of use with Jolly. Focus on Power.

Either replace the Choice Band with a Life Orb or something, or preferably, replace Swords Dance with Iron Head for STAB.

Thanks to the both of you, I have reconsidered this set, it shall be finished in 10 mins!
Back to top Go down
Maxz

Maxz

Scizor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scizor   Scizor EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 3:51 pm

Better... but the Speed is still a bit iffy. It can't go fast without an Agility, so any EV investment is wasted really.
Back to top Go down
noodles

Scizor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scizor   Scizor EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 6:16 pm

That looks a lot better, but just a couple of things:

What is Bug Buzz doing anywhere near that set? It's coming from such a pathetic attacking stat that it'll barely scratch anything. X-Scissor all the way. While Night Slash does cover the problem of Ghosts, I feel that Iron Head would fare a lot better here since after a SD it'll still pose a sizeable threat to most Ghosts anyway. While it in no way gives perfect coverage, it's probably the best Scizor can hope for on this set.

For the counters, mention Gyarados, Zapdos and Weezing as none of them especially fear him and can kill him without too much trouble.

However, overall, I think Scizor does a lot of things better than he does Swords Dancing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scizor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scizor   Scizor Empty

Back to top Go down

Scizor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon :: Fuego Ironworks :: 4th Gen Moveset Analysis-
Jump to: