The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon

HGTP Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FunkyPixel: GrooveMan's Blog of Joy and Wonderment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GrooveMan.exe
GrooveMan.exe

FunkyPixel: GrooveMan's Blog of Joy and Wonderment Empty
PostSubject: FunkyPixel: GrooveMan's Blog of Joy and Wonderment   FunkyPixel: GrooveMan's Blog of Joy and Wonderment EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Your Internet Session Just Got A Lot More Funky!

Shoutin' out to all my HGTP homies on the interwebs; it's everyone's favourite fast-talkin', toe-tappin' finger-lickin' good executable program GrooveMan.exe in tha houuuuuse~

And I have been so kindly supplied with a Blog, designed soley for me to rant, whine, and post bad art. Isn't that the coolest thing ever? This thread will consist of the freshest GrooveMan cuts; Rants, Writings, Reviews, and Digital Art. You'll never find a thread more funky.

But first, let me tell fill you in about me.

I'm just your run-of-the-mill British 17 year old, with more than a little obsession over the internet. I've been spriting for around 3 years, and writing seriously for a little less than a year. Here, I'm acting as a moderator, and an editor for subitted articles.

I'm a huge fan of RPGs, I never leave the house without my iPod Nano, I'm a voracious reader of Manga and Crime novels, and I'd kill old ladies and small children for good ice cream.

I can't stand FPS games, that weak, bassless indie rock sound, reality TV, and Internet Idiots. That last one might not come as a surprise to you...

And now... The Content

Rants
Retro Pokémon Rant: You Got Swept By A...

Writing

Reviews

Digital Art

Last edited by GrooveMan.exe on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GrooveMan.exe
GrooveMan.exe

FunkyPixel: GrooveMan's Blog of Joy and Wonderment Empty
PostSubject: Re: FunkyPixel: GrooveMan's Blog of Joy and Wonderment   FunkyPixel: GrooveMan's Blog of Joy and Wonderment EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:37 pm

And to start of with, a retro rant, a personal favourite of mine. I'll write something new in due course, but hey I'm pushed for time ATM. >>

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: YOU GOT SWEPT BY A...

...Tyranitar. Again. For the 20th time. It must be really starting to grate on you, right? The fact that it comes up time and time gain, and time and time again, you can't counter it successfully. So what can you do? As far as I can see, there are 3 options that occur the most often.

1) Start complaining about it. Go to the nearest forum, family member, or pet, and whine about how unfair the metagame is. Start making up your own rules, that everyone else has to play by; else they are CHEATING, OMG.

2) Keep playing, but don't change anything. You were just unlucky those last 10 battles. As long as you keep at it and try your hardest, you'll prevail eventually. Changing your team? Why do so if your Blast Burn Charizard has been so faithful to you so far?

3) Rethink your strategies. If you keep dying to the same thing, then you're obviously not playing right. Sure, you love that Magneton with your heart and soul; but if it's not helping you win anything, then it's time to let it go. Who only likes just one Pokemon, anyway?

Before you go any further, which one are you? Be honest here, no one likes a liar. Up until late RSE, I was an Option 2 player. But for the greater benefit, let me break down each option a little more.

Straight off the bat, I can say that Option 1 people are far to common, and are whiny losers. I really really don't care if you can't handle the Metagame. I care even less about the silly-ass rules that you make up. I've seem people try to enforce a No Legendaries clause. I've even seen people try to enforce a no switching clause. WTF. This also seems to be turning up on other games too. If another wannabe Tourney-Obsessive tells me to turn of Items in Super Smash Bros. I'll shoot a kitten. Please; think of the kittens.

I admire the tenacity of the Option 2 players, but let's face it, stubbornly sticking to the ineffective 'mon often will result in failure. I'm not telling you to be unoriginal; I'm telling you to change that moveset to something acceptable, and use something that can actually look a Blissey in the eye without wetting itself and crying for mummy. Or possibly more appropriately, that big, ugly Tyranitar.

Option 3 is the way to go. Being competitive is all about using your resources to their full potential. If it means using a few cheap tricks to get there, then so be it. One thing I should say is to not get too caught up in being competitive. It *is* a game, after all.

As for the "OU's suck because they're Over Used" argument, I find it quite funny. It's like people are hiding from the truth behind their Venomoths and Sableyes, when ironically, those 'mon can't take a hit for ****. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Venomoth. I love Sableye. I love Rotom. I'll defend them with a passion if someone speaks a bad word against them. But those Pokemon are far too delicate to use; and I'm not stupid enough to try. Pitting a Furret against Garchomp is just freaking cruel.
Back to top Go down

FunkyPixel: GrooveMan's Blog of Joy and Wonderment
Page 1 of 1