The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon

HGTP Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who to trust?

Go down 
+3
Deepblade
Maxz
*MJ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
*MJ

Who to trust? Empty
PostSubject: Who to trust?   Who to trust? EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 2:45 am

I thought we needed one of these. Basically, just assemble a list of people you think could pass movesets here without needing approval. Basically the people who know what they are doing:
-Konrad
-Raylax
Back to top Go down
Maxz

Maxz

Who to trust? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who to trust?   Who to trust? EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 3:42 am

I think most people, no matter how much they are trusted should submit their work to a questioning thread to iron out any flaws it might have that one person might not see.
Back to top Go down
Deepblade

Who to trust? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who to trust?   Who to trust? EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 3:52 am

Maxz wrote:
I think most people, no matter how much they are trusted should submit their work to a questioning thread to iron out any flaws it might have that one person might not see.

I'd agree with this. Not only does it stop trusted members from making mistakes that no-one picks up on, but it stops double standards from popping up.
Back to top Go down
Student of Madness

Who to trust? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who to trust?   Who to trust? EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 6:22 am

Deepblade wrote:
Maxz wrote:

I'd agree with this. Not only does it stop trusted members from making mistakes that no-one picks up on, but it stops double standards from popping up.
Of course, I'd third this. =D
Back to top Go down
Maxz

Maxz

Who to trust? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who to trust?   Who to trust? EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 10:57 am

Student of Madness wrote:
Deepblade wrote:
Maxz wrote:

Of course, I'd third this. =D
Having said that, I'm happy for a few members to deal with minor corrections like grammar and misspellings. These members could also help in editing more major things if the general public all agree on it. At the moment, all the pressure is on poor old Konny and Raylax to do all the editing, no matter how minor.

In a nutshell, more Mods are fine, as long as bigger changes are discussed with the rest of the community.
Back to top Go down
GrooveMan.exe
GrooveMan.exe

Who to trust? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who to trust?   Who to trust? EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 11:01 am

Maxz wrote:

Having said that, I'm happy for a few members to deal with minor corrections like grammar and misspellings.

That's uh, my job.
Back to top Go down
noodles

Who to trust? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who to trust?   Who to trust? EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 11:20 am

If we have a sperate thread for each Pokemon and all suggested movesets are put in the first post to be commented on, then that'll deal with a large amount of our Quality Control issues. If a sets been suggested without criticism and looks alright after a couple of days, maybe put it in the D/P analysis? If any obvious flaws do arise about it in the thread, they can easily be changed on the analysis page.

I don't think a 'trusted member' system would work as all of us make mistakes or miss out good ideas. It may also put off other members from suggesting stuff if they have to go through a critical analysis just because they're not on 'the list'.
Back to top Go down
Maxz

Maxz

Who to trust? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who to trust?   Who to trust? EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 3:53 pm

GrooveMan.exe wrote:
Maxz wrote:

Having said that, I'm happy for a few members to deal with minor corrections like grammar and misspellings.

That's uh, my job.
I saw that you and DB were 'Modified' right after I wrote that and felt a bit foolish... Razz

I'm sorry for already doing this (I read Konnie's post about starting afresh after I'd done it) but are we allowed to resubmit threads from the old thread for another check to see if we can re-use them here if here if they're any good?
Back to top Go down
Raylax
Admin
Admin
Raylax

Who to trust? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who to trust?   Who to trust? EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 5:25 pm

Maxz wrote:
GrooveMan.exe wrote:
Maxz wrote:

That's uh, my job.
I saw that you and DB were 'Modified' right after I wrote that and felt a bit foolish... Razz

I'm sorry for already doing this (I read Konnie's post about starting afresh after I'd done it) but are we allowed to resubmit threads from the old thread for another check to see if we can re-use them here if here if they're any good?

Yeah. Unless you know them to be utter crap.
Back to top Go down
https://hgtp.forumotion.com
Maxz

Maxz

Who to trust? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who to trust?   Who to trust? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 12:07 pm

Raylax wrote:
Maxz wrote:
GrooveMan.exe wrote:
Maxz wrote:

That's uh, my job.

Yeah. Unless you know them to be utter crap.
Awesome. We had some novel ideas and it'd be a pity to loose them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who to trust? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who to trust?   Who to trust? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who to trust?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon :: Fuego Ironworks :: 4th Gen Moveset Analysis-
Jump to: