The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon

HGTP Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Corrections...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deepblade

Corrections... Empty
PostSubject: Corrections...   Corrections... EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 4:14 am

Since we don't seem to have one, and I've spotted one, I thought that this was needed:

In Maxz's Gallade set, it's claimed that Gengar's a good way to kill it. However, even if you get a revenge kill in, a Modest 252/252 Gengar can only do 89% damage max. with Shadow Ball, while Gallade will deal back a minimum of 142% with Psycho Cut.

It's also suffering from what Smogon knows as "Slashitis" - for the fourth move, you have an option of five. It really needs to be lowered to two or three.

On "Wallporeon", Relaxed is unnecessary - Bold is the better choice.

On Umbreon's "Paybreon" set, It should either be "Careful" or "Impish" - not Bold.
On the Trapassser set, Lucario deserves a special mention for being immune to Toxic - other fighting types, as listed under "Counters", won't like being Toxic'd.

On Starmie's "Screwer...Electivire set", and I know that this has been mentioned before, but HP Ground is actually inferior to Surf.

Power of HP Ground = Base 70 * 2 = 140
Power of Surf = Base 95 *1.5 STAB = 142.5

Neutral Surf > 2x effective HP.

I've no idea why the Hell you'd have 200 EV's invested in Sceptile's Defence, rather than boosting your Spatack.

Probopass has a bit of Slashitis going on - give it the benegit of Sandstorm/stream support, rather than Sandstorm, and recommend something like this:

-Stealth Rock/Thundebolt
-Iron Defence/Thunderbolt

Miltank's EV spread is a bit confusing - try narrowing it down to somethinglike:

Careful - *EV spread* - Designed for (X)
Impish - *EV spread* - Designed for (X)

And so on.

Luvdisc's just missing credits.

Lickilicky needs a set entry.

Kingler has no counters - Empoleon's resistant to all his attacks, and gets a kill in with Grass Knot.

Gengar's counter list is horrible. "Switch out against Weavile"? You don't stand a chance in Hell. Stay in, hope to take the Pursuit and kill with Focus Blast. Failing that, give in.

For Garchomp, Fire Fang does more damage than Fire Blast.

The best Floatzel counter is Gyarados. High Defence, neutral/resistant to all moves and it carries Intimidate, allowing it to DD up and sweep.
Back to top Go down
Raylax
Admin
Admin
Raylax

Corrections... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrections...   Corrections... EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 7:10 am

Thanks a lot, DB. I'll fix it up when I've got time to.
Back to top Go down
https://hgtp.forumotion.com
Maxz

Maxz

Corrections... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrections...   Corrections... EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 10:45 am

Thank you. It must've taken you ages to go through each set.

What I tried to do was fit all the 4th moves from different Gallade sets (as there is very little difference between most of them) into one set. The result was a bit messy and confusing. Gengar... I just don't know. I guess I forgot about Gallade's really quite good Sp. Def at that point.
Back to top Go down
$oily

Corrections... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrections...   Corrections... EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 10:53 am

It's Toxicroak Raylax, not Croagunk! xD

Not actually read any of the sets yet but I saw Benim's Weezing set on ONM and, like Havak said, Taunt kills it.
Back to top Go down
Raylax
Admin
Admin
Raylax

Corrections... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrections...   Corrections... EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 3:18 pm

I'm stickying this purely so it doesn't get in the way of the moveset analysises (sp? even a word? =/ )
Back to top Go down
https://hgtp.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Corrections... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrections...   Corrections... Empty

Back to top Go down

Corrections...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon :: Fuego Ironworks :: 4th Gen Moveset Analysis-
Jump to: