The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon

HGTP Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Regice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wumbob

Regice Empty
PostSubject: Regice   Regice EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 11:43 am

Deepfreeze wumbob
Regice@leftovers
Picture - it helps (WILL EDIT IN, TOO BUSY)
Nature - Calm
Ev spread - 252 Defence, 252 HP, 4 Sp.Def
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

What it does: The standard Regice set. You switch in on a Special and boltbeam like hell. If they don't switch, when your HP is getting low rest and then sleep talk all you want and try and predict when he'll wake up - usually the 3rd turn. If they switch to a potential OHKOing physical switch out, if you used Bolt/Beam last turn you'll at least of done some damage and would of forced them to switch.

Best way to take it down: Send out a good physical pokemon that will be able to deliver a super effective hit. If it isn't super effective and maybe has no stab he'll be able to survive it - the HP and Def evs didn't go there for nothing! I'd reccomend something like Infernape or a BandChomp/mence - both are extremely powerful and would be able to take it down.

There. If you want to edit anything due to stupid mistakes/spelling e.t.c feel free!
Back to top Go down
GrooveMan.exe
GrooveMan.exe

Regice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regice   Regice EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 12:18 pm

You ignore it's ability to surprise rape with a physical set.

It won't last as long as RegiStall, but it can cause some scary mindgames, when the opponent switches into a fighter, and you Explode in their face.

This is from memory, but it was something along the lines of:

+ Def - SpAtk Nature
- Curse
- Explosion
- Earthquake/Rock Slide
- Rest

If you can predict correctly, Fire Types will cry like small children. Using Curse on your first turn has the habit of making others go "WTF?" and make a silly error.

Also, I find Toxic to be more effective than Sleep Talk, since you can actually damage other Walls that way.
Back to top Go down
noodles

Regice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regice   Regice EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 2:06 pm

GrooveMan.exe wrote:
You ignore it's ability to surprise rape with a physical set.

It won't last as long as RegiStall, but it can cause some scary mindgames, when the opponent switches into a fighter, and you Explode in their face.

This is from memory, but it was something along the lines of:

+ Def - SpAtk Nature
- Curse
- Explosion
- Earthquake/Rock Slide
- Rest

If you can predict correctly, Fire Types will cry like small children. Using Curse on your first turn has the habit of making others go "WTF?" and make a silly error.

Also, I find Toxic to be more effective than Sleep Talk, since you can actually damage other Walls that way.
He was just suggesting one set, not deliberately ignoring others. I expect that most people will be submitting sets one by one, so don't suggested they've missed out other sets.

I'm really not about your Physical Regice. those attacks are coming from a 50 Base Stat. It will take a lot of Cursing to do any damage. Does this set really do anything better than Snorlax?

Also, run a Careful, Brave or Adamant nature on it at least since DEF will be boosted by Curse. It's going to need Max ATK anyway, as even after two curses, it's ATK is still rather mediocre. All this set seems to do is bulk up massively and then Explode, which seems a bit pointless TBH. Get rid of Rock Slide completely as its Steels and Rocks that you want to hit.

This set is also completely walled by Weezing and Skarmory, plus anything with Haze or wings.
Back to top Go down
GrooveMan.exe
GrooveMan.exe

Regice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regice   Regice EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 2:13 pm

That was from memory, and Gen 3 stanard too. ^^ I looked it up afterwards, and they had it running Focus Punch, too. :V

Most things are walled by something else, so that's not the best reason to completely disregard.
Back to top Go down
Maxz

Maxz

Regice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regice   Regice EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 2:35 pm

GrooveMan.exe wrote:
That was from memory, and Gen 3 stanard too. ^^ I looked it up afterwards, and they had it running Focus Punch, too. :V

Most things are walled by something else, so that's not the best reason to completely disregard.
Aye, but that'd have to switch out and loose all it's precious boosting once truly walled, which (I know from putting not a single Sp. Attack EV into my Charge Beam Cressalia) is bloody annoying to loose. Regice would have it even worse with a measly base 50 attack stat.

It's a novel idea and I think walls with slightly higher Attack stats hight pull it off more effectively, but 50? Hrrrm...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Regice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regice   Regice Empty

Back to top Go down

Regice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon :: Fuego Ironworks :: 4th Gen Moveset Analysis-
Jump to: