The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon

HGTP Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vaporeon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
noodles

Vaporeon Empty
PostSubject: Vaporeon   Vaporeon EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 5:24 pm

Wallporeon TotalGameNut
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Vaporeon Dpmfa134
Relaxed
156 HP / 252 DEF / 102 Sp. DEF

- Acid Armor
- Wish
- Surf
- Aqua Ring

Basically, it boosts defences with Acid Armor and that allows it to block hits from both ends of the damage spectrum while using Wish and Aqua Ring to restore its HP along the way. Surf gets STAB and is its only form of offence.

Counters
Grass types can switch in easily on Surf and pound away with STAB super effective moves for massive damage. Electric types can do the same, but are more at risk from Surf.

Any bulky water can wall this completely due to the lack of type coverage as can anything that doesn't mind taking a Surf. Gyarados gets a special mention due to its ability to Taunt Vaporeon and DD up against him.

Last edited by on Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
noodles

Vaporeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vaporeon   Vaporeon EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 5:41 pm

He says it was designed for double battles, which is why I replaced Aqua Jet with Surf to make it more suitable for single battles. Regardless, I can find serious problems with this set.

Firstly, why the Relaxed nature? He only needs a -SPD nature for WishPassing, which this set can't do. I'd recommend a Calm nature plus using the EV spread:

252 HP / 6 DEF / 252 Sp. DEF

Max HP and Sp. DEF allow it to take more special hits, while Acid Armor will massively boost defense after one use and to a greater extent than the EV investment ever will. However, it is obviously more open to CHs.

Aqua Ring is a useful move for restoring HP but I think Vaporeon would benefit far more with either Ice Beam or HP Electric to improve type coverage. Without a second offensive move it's far too easily walled.

I'll put some of my own Vaporeon movesets up later this week.
Back to top Go down
Raylax
Admin
Admin
Raylax

Vaporeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vaporeon   Vaporeon EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 12:08 am

Surf in Double Battles? Remember it does damage to your own teammate in this gen, so it can only be used in certain situations, dependant on your other team member - using it teamed with a Ground or rock type could be disastrous. Personally I think I'd prefer Aqua Jet for it's speed too... hmm...
Back to top Go down
https://hgtp.forumotion.com
Maxz

Maxz

Vaporeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vaporeon   Vaporeon EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 1:17 am

Is Aqua Ring Baton Passable? I know it doesn't particularly link to this set, but it might help with a BP Set.
Back to top Go down
noodles

Vaporeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vaporeon   Vaporeon EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 11:31 am

Raylax wrote:
Surf in Double Battles? Remember it does damage to your own teammate in this gen, so it can only be used in certain situations, dependant on your other team member - using it teamed with a Ground or rock type could be disastrous. Personally I think I'd prefer Aqua Jet for it's speed too... hmm...
noodles wrote:
He says it was designed for double battles, which is why I replaced Aqua Jet with Surf to make it more suitable for single battles.
I was under the assumption that all our movesets were for single battles, as you'd probably have to do a different layout for double battle sets - partner sets, etc. Something that could be looked into for the future though maybe. Either way, there are still problems with the set.

I could tell you why Aqua Jet wouldn't work on this set, but I'm lazy, so I'll just point out that Vaps doesn't even get it.

@Maxz - Aqua Ring is BP-able, but BP isn't on this set. AA, Wish and Substitute are generally better things to BP anyway.
Back to top Go down
Maxz

Maxz

Vaporeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vaporeon   Vaporeon EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 11:33 am

noodles wrote:
Raylax wrote:
noodles wrote:
He says it was designed for double battles, which is why I replaced Aqua Jet with Surf to make it more suitable for single battles.
I was under the assumption that all our movesets were for single battles, as you'd probably have to do a different layout for double battle sets - partner sets, etc. Something that could be looked into for the future though maybe. Either way, there are still problems with the set.

I could tell you why Aqua Jet wouldn't work on this set, but I'm lazy, so I'll just point out that Vaps doesn't even get it.

@Maxz - Aqua Ring is BP-able, but BP isn't on this set. AA, Wish and Substitute are generally better things to BP anyway.
I thought Wish didn't need passing, but thanks for clearing that up. Does that mean Infernape (not a good idea) could receive Aqua Ring restoratives then? Despite being a Fire type?
Back to top Go down
noodles

Vaporeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vaporeon   Vaporeon EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 11:43 am

Maxz wrote:
I thought Wish didn't need passing, but thanks for clearing that up. Does that mean Infernape (not a good idea) could receive Aqua Ring restoratives then? Despite being a Fire type?
Wish doesn't need BPing, but the advantage of doing so is that Vaps would take the attack for that turn, while the incoming weakened Pokemon still gets the Wish recovery.

I see no reason why Infernape wouldn't get the recovery. The typing is just a coincidence thing I guess.
Back to top Go down
?Alistair?

Vaporeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vaporeon   Vaporeon EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 am

@noodles, are you going to post the other Vaporeon sets?, some of them are great and i love using the my Bulky Water vaporeon from your Pokédome
Back to top Go down
Raylax
Admin
Admin
Raylax

Vaporeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vaporeon   Vaporeon EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 1:29 am

?Alistair? wrote:
@noodles, are you going to post the other Vaporeon sets?, some of them are great and i love using the my Bulky Water vaporeon from your Pokédome

Heh, I didn't expect anyone around this early. Morning Razz

If the sets were on the OONM moveset thread or on HGTP's old site, they'll be put up in due time.
Back to top Go down
https://hgtp.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Vaporeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vaporeon   Vaporeon Empty

Back to top Go down

Vaporeon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon :: Fuego Ironworks :: 4th Gen Moveset Analysis-
Jump to: