HGTP Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Staff Blog! =]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lorenzo
Lorenzo

My Staff Blog! =] Empty
PostSubject: My Staff Blog! =]   My Staff Blog! =] EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Well, hello there! And welcome to my staff blog!

So, you may know me, or you may not. On the first ONM forum, I was known as Abeyance Of Truth. Now, on new ONM, I'm AbeyancesPhoneix (Yes, I know, a typo there) and here, I'm Lorenzo.

Awesome.

I expect many of the other Mods might be writing about Pokemon; but I want to take a break from all that lark. So, what is my Staff Blog going to be about? Music!

Yep, start jammin' to the beat people, because I'm going to discuss my thoughts on the latest shizz from the music world. Or just my opinion. Probably the latter.

Razz

Firstly, my absolute favorite music genre is Alternetive Metal. I'm not really the biggest fan of the heavy stuff, like Slipknot, that gives me a headache. Ugh. Now, galncing over to my avatar, you might assume I'm a big fan of Linkin Park. Well, you'd be right there. I think I'll do a short paragraph each on the bands I like. Which isn't many. I'm like addicted to Linkin Park. Very Happy

Linkin Park

Ah, the pinnacle of my musical entertainment. Crossing the two music genres of Nu Metal and Rap, and expressing elements of Hip - Hop, Alternetive Rock and Electronica, these guys really do like to experiment. The band has sold more than 50 Million albums worldwide, and won two grammy awards. Awesome.

Their first album, Hybrid Theory, representing half a decade of the band's work, is probably the majority of the fans' favourite. Not my favourite album - joint second with MtM. It includes a variety of sounds, and, overall, an excellent album. Forgotten is my favourite track from this album.

Now, Meteora. This is my favourite album. I completely love the sound of the tracks, it sounds more polished than Hybrid Theory if you ask me. Numb is my favourite track from this album.

Ah, Minutes to Midnight. Well, it sure was a risk, eh? But, I think it paid off. I really do enjoy this take back from Linkin Park's previous style. I love the slow songs. Great album.

Live, Linkin Park look to be amazing, by visiting YouTube. I really hope to see them one day.
If you haven't heard Linkin Park, check them out. You won't be dissapointed!

Muse

A quite cool band. I used to be into them more, until I got obsessed with 'Park. Absolution seems to be better than the latest album, Black Holes and Revelations. Good band none the less.

Paramore

Saw a video on MTV, and been hooked ever since. Lovely punk rock. Love the lead singer's vocals (and she's nice in more ways than one XD). Just recently got into them. Now own the first album! =D

Thanks for reading my blog. I would read more but I have to go for now. May edit more stuff in later!

Cyaz!

Lorenzo
Back to top Go down
Raylax
Admin
Admin
Raylax

My Staff Blog! =] Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Staff Blog! =]   My Staff Blog! =] EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 3:59 pm

Ah, great. Our first blog, keep it up Abeyance... well, Lorenzo Razz

I'd comment constructively on your music tastes, but my knowledge of music is off the scale... just the wrong end of it geek

Keep it up, here's looking forward to more blogs from you and the rest of the HGTP staff ^^ I'll be starting mine shortly, I think.

Phantom of the Opera

My Staff Blog! =] Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Staff Blog! =]   My Staff Blog! =] EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 3:06 pm

Try Iron Maiden and Megadeth for some really awesome Metal, and Cypress Hill for a bit of Hip-Hop/rap. You may also like The Sex Pistols for a bit of punk, which is kinda like Rocks special brother.
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo
Lorenzo

My Staff Blog! =] Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Staff Blog! =]   My Staff Blog! =] EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 1:36 pm

Phantom of the Opera wrote:
Try Iron Maiden and Megadeth for some really awesome Metal, and Cypress Hill for a bit of Hip-Hop/rap. You may also like The Sex Pistols for a bit of punk, which is kinda like Rocks special brother.

I don't like any of those bands. Maybe a bit of the Sex Pistols, but definetly none of the first 3.

=[

My Staff Blog! =] Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Staff Blog! =]   My Staff Blog! =] EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Lorenzo wrote:

I don't like any of those bands. Maybe a bit of the Sex Pistols, but definetly none of the first 3.

=[

Srsly? If you're sure, but Maiden are a wide band that do all sorts...can't say that for Deth though.

Anyway, thats cool. Just throwing a few bands about...you'd do well to get last.fm if you don't already, its a wee program that analyses your music tastes and recommends similar artists that you may like based on them.
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo
Lorenzo

My Staff Blog! =] Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Staff Blog! =]   My Staff Blog! =] EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 4:32 pm

Lorenzo wrote:

=[

Srsly? If you're sure, but Maiden are a wide band that do all sorts...can't say that for Deth though.

Anyway, thats cool. Just throwing a few bands about...you'd do well to get last.fm if you don't already, its a wee program that analyses your music tastes and recommends similar artists that you may like based on them.

Last.fm? That sounds awesome!

*Googles*

A big thing for me in music is the vocalist. If I don't like voice, I won't litsen to them.

Admin
Admin
Raylax

My Staff Blog! =] Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Staff Blog! =]   My Staff Blog! =] EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:30 am

Lorenzo wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:

=[

*Googles*

A big thing for me in music is the vocalist. If I don't like voice, I won't litsen to them.

Heh, I listen more to the rhythm of the song than than the lead singer... probably explains why I like Jap music even though they all sing... weirdly ^^

Phantom of the Opera

My Staff Blog! =] Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Staff Blog! =]   My Staff Blog! =] EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:12 pm

Lorenzo wrote:

*Googles*

Heh, as a pretend drummer/guitarist the fretboard and beat are what I go for. Maiden have had 3 singers over their many years so you should try 'em all, though if you like Blaze...eugh.

Try a few artists out free on last fm...I've found it to be a great way of getting new bands for listening to. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Staff Blog! =] Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Staff Blog! =]   My Staff Blog! =] Empty

Back to top Go down

My Staff Blog! =]
Page 1 of 1