The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to Pokemon

HGTP Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General Tips and Tricks

Go down 
+3
*MJ
Cort3z
konradsean
7 posters
AuthorMessage
konradsean
Founder
Founder
konradsean

General Tips and Tricks Empty
PostSubject: General Tips and Tricks   General Tips and Tricks EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Any good tips n tricks you know of? In game, iv breeding, ev training etc. Can be useful for the site - but mainly in game stuff as discuss the ivs and evs in the other forum.
Back to top Go down
https://hgtp.forumotion.com
Cort3z

Cort3z

PostSubject: Re: General Tips and Tricks   General Tips and Tricks EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 4:36 pm

I know most people already know this, but it's helpful for those who don't I suppose.

A good way for breeding the right nature is to use a ditto or the female version of the pokemon and nature you're breeding for in the centre while holding an everstone, so you have a higher chance of getting that nature.
Back to top Go down
*MJ

PostSubject: Re: General Tips and Tricks   General Tips and Tricks EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 2:42 am

I will be writing a few guides up today about D/P Move priority, The best attacking Combos in the game and maybe a guide about RBY Hax. Razz
Back to top Go down
Raylax
Admin
Admin
Raylax

PostSubject: Re: General Tips and Tricks   General Tips and Tricks EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 7:07 am

The breeding route up/down Soloceon is fairly well known... but helpful if you don't. Also, you can cycle around Hearthome. I do that when I'm bored of Solaceon.
Back to top Go down
Maxz

Maxz

PostSubject: Re: General Tips and Tricks   General Tips and Tricks EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 10:49 am

The best way to get money is by continuously battling the Gentleman and Socialite outside the Pokemon Mansion with an Amulet Coin.
Back to top Go down
rangersgreg

PostSubject: Re: General Tips and Tricks   General Tips and Tricks EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 12:10 pm

I have found a great place for EV Training in Attack, it's west of Hearthome, the route with the mountains and grass and water. It had Bidoof, Bibarel and Machop giving out a total of 4 EV's. Before you ask I have found Bidoof gives attack EV's on this route.
Back to top Go down
Raylax
Admin
Admin
Raylax

PostSubject: Re: General Tips and Tricks   General Tips and Tricks EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 5:19 pm

rangersgreg wrote:
I have found a great place for EV Training in Attack, it's west of Hearthome, the route with the mountains and grass and water. It had Bidoof, Bibarel and Machop giving out a total of 4 EV's. Before you ask I have found Bidoof gives attack EV's on this route.

Suspect Bidoof always gives HP. Never Attack, no matter the route. Bibarel gives attack, but not Bidoof. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain I'm right on this one.
Back to top Go down
rangersgreg

PostSubject: Re: General Tips and Tricks   General Tips and Tricks EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 12:18 pm

Raylax wrote:
rangersgreg wrote:

Suspect Bidoof always gives HP. Never Attack, no matter the route. Bibarel gives attack, but not Bidoof. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain I'm right on this one.

I am pretty sure that my calculations were correct, but now I am not so sure Neutral
Back to top Go down
Maxz

Maxz

PostSubject: Re: General Tips and Tricks   General Tips and Tricks EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 1:28 pm

rangersgreg wrote:
Raylax wrote:
rangersgreg wrote:

I am pretty sure that my calculations were correct, but now I am not so sure Neutral
You should be the most unsure it is possible to be as it's just not true. No Pokemon gives different EVs in different places, and Bidoof is no exception. It always gives HP EVs.
Back to top Go down
rangersgreg

PostSubject: Re: General Tips and Tricks   General Tips and Tricks EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Maxz wrote:
rangersgreg wrote:
Raylax wrote:
rangersgreg wrote:

You should be the most unsure it is possible to be as it's just not true. No Pokemon gives different EVs in different places, and Bidoof is no exception. It always gives HP EVs.
OK. So sorry for being a n00b, other than that Bidoof thing, the route is good for Attack Training.
Back to top Go down
Metr01d

PostSubject: Re: General Tips and Tricks   General Tips and Tricks EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 12:46 pm

Happiness boosting guide (while you wait)

Boosting happiness can be a boring job, so here is a trick to make it, much, MUCH easier:

Take the pokemon you want to boost to Fuego Ironworks and go in. You will see variou tiles that propel you in a set direction. One pushes you up about 15 spaces, find it. When there, put the DS on charge, fasten down the down button, go to sleep. When you wake up, you have a bunch of happy bunnies in your party.

You don't even have to do anything Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Tips and Tricks   General Tips and Tricks Empty

Back to top Go down

General Tips and Tricks
Page 1 of 1